6 months of you
Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that we welcomed our little 7lb bundle into the world and completed our little family.
It’s not always been easy… at times, it’s been the hardest thing in the world… But Scout has made it an absolute pleasure.
The past few months have been stressful, with a house move still looming over our heads I hoped that by now we might be able to finally get excited about our new home but at every turn something has managed to go wrong! Maybe by the time she hits the less notable milestone of 7 months we’ll be a step closer…!
Scout Zelda Rose
- Loves to laugh
- Loves singing, dancing and getting a fright
- Still has no teeth but been chewing like mad since day 1 – who knows when they’ll appear!
- Occasional thumb sucker
- She sleeps so well – and I think I’m allowed to breath a sigh of relief since Oscar was a complete sleep thief!
- We have just started weaning and I’m trying to feel excited, but feeling sad at the end of yet another “baby phase”
- Penchant for playing Duplo with her bro… even if he still isn’t mad on sharing.
- Captain Calamari is life
- Completed her first level swimming and seems to love the water!
- Experienced her first two flights – to London & back
It has been so special to watch our little baby grow and start to develop her own little personality, but I’d be lying if I said it hadn’t been bittersweet.
I think with your first baby everything is so new and exciting that you’re always looking forward to “the next milestone”. I wouldn’t say I wished Oscar’s time away, but I was blissfully unaware of how fleeting every stage would be. So with Scout I have found myself clinging onto every stage, willing it to last just another day. Savouring cuddles where I can get them and keeping her up later than I ever did with Oscar.
Onto the next chapter
Those newborn days were over in the blink of an eye and when I think back I do feel sad despite being so excited to get to know the determined little human she’s growing into – and I think that’s ok.
I mean, Oscar turns three next month and it doesn’t seem that long ago that he was Scout’s age! Anyway, here’s to her next six months and squeezing the most cuddles, smile, giggles, adventures and memories out of my maternity leave. 🧡